Whew Chile! It has been a minute, I know. How are you? I pray all is well on your end. ?
So, lets get right into it. If you don’t already know, I am here to tell you that ya girl is all the way a Pinterest junkie, fanatic, all that and then some. I basically live over there. So, I ran across a post that I really want to take into consideration when it comes to my personal life. Sooo, of course I wanted to share this with you!
Now, before we start let me just say this first. I do not have my life all figured out and by all means I do not have it all together. Especially these days. I do not want to come off like, ya know, some condescending butt hole because that is not the goal at all. I will say this though. Somethings do come natural to me. Whether it be because of my characteristics. Things that bring me joy. Things that come as a natural habit. Or even if it’s just my pure being.
I am a organized, neat freak! I believe that a clean space allows a clear mind. I am a natural born bookworm. I prefer a book over a tv any day. (I get it from my momma.) “If you want to achieve something in life, you must first write it down.” I absolutely love writing. So yeah, a journal and a planner is like tooth paste and a tooth brush for me. I do not run unless something is behind me, but I will walk you to the end of the earth.
I just recently had a very humbling experience happened to me and I am very clear and not so clear about a lot things these days. So by default a few of these things I started a few weeks ago without thought. Now, with that being said. LET’S GO AND GOOD LUCK! ??
- Stay offline for one day.
- Pray and meditate for 15 minutes.
- Declutter your digital life.
- NO complaint day.
- Identify your 3 to 6 main priorities
- Follow a morning ritual, (I have always felt like this is so important.)
- Streamline your reading list.
- Learn to enjoy solitude.
- Downsize your beauty collection.
- No email or social media until lunch! (Now of course this is after the whole, stay offline for one day. #1)
- Evaluate your commitments.
- Define your goals this year.
- Clean out your closet.
- Take a step toward learning a new skill. (I’m going to continue learning Japanese!)
- Examine your daily habits. (YIKES!)
- Don’t buy anything for 24 hours. (Chile let me gone head and delete Amazon for the next 24 hours.)
- Practice single tasking.
- Unfollow and unfriend.
- Go for a walk and practice mindfulness. (Tranquility.)
- NO television all day, read instead.
- Journal for 20 minutes. (My thang.)
- Create a relaxing bedtime routine. (This is the time I need to put my phone away for the night.)
- Go bare- faced. (Welp, that ain’t been hard. I haven’t even gotten my lashes done.)
- Practice gratitude.
- Leave a whole day unplanned. (Lord help me with my, stay planning something arse.)
- Identify your stress triggers. (EXHALES!)
- clear out your junk drawer. (Chile you know when your junk drawer gets too junky!)
- Let GO of a goal.
- Turn off notifications. (Check.)
- Evaluate your last few purchases. (Listen! I know I didn’t need those thangs but I got it anyway. Ain’t nothing to think about.)
Please follow me! ↙️
Instagram: youbeenbooked (NEW)
Thanks Chile, I’ll see you there!